Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Tease / Vocation

sitting here looking at the blue montana sky. yesterday it was black and snow was falling here and there off and on. today it's supposed to be warmer - wow, up to 44.2 degrees. my family is napping, my lap is warm from this computer, my dog is at my feet, all should be wonderful, right?

maybe all is wonderful but i'm having a hard time recognizing all the wonderfulness that happens in my bigforker little world. we're making some friends, losing touch with old friends. we're feeling at home finally. i'm feeling as if i need to find a job but have vocation issues.

visions for my future:
find a job that finds me
make enough to get out of spiral
make more than enough to stop the worry
a nomination to what not to wear after the massive weight loss
friendships that span the time and distance of my right now... wait, i already have that.

the winter is almost over and cabin fever is coming to an end. what will i do with this Spring? there is more than enough time to get things done and yet my closets are still full of winter boots, hats, gloves, snowpants (you're one up on me juliejulie) and long underwear. so, i suppose that means i'm still frozen. it's way past time to thaw out... and yet, here i sit, looking out at the blue montana sky.

2 comments:

g said...

we, too, have had a tease of spring. the flowers are blooming, the trees are budding, the temps were up in the 70's over the weekend. and.....tonight it's going to be in the 30's. brrrr
i am ready to bring out the shorts and tanktops, flipflops and swimsuits. living in shades of gray is a bit depressing. i have to make myself go out to walk because i hate when my feet get wet. it can't be helped in the oregon fall/winter/spring though. thinking about buying waterproof walking shoes - but i've been thinking about doing that for years and haven't. hmm
as far as a vocation goes, pick writing. it seems to flow from your fingertips so easily. some of us aren't quite as blessed with that gift! i know what i want to say, it just never comes out the way i think it. are you confused yet? whatever it is that you end up doing will be just what God wants you to do. after all, isn't that what we are here to do?
love ya, tootsie!

GymFuzz said...

You're not a turkey -- some things can stay frozen and it won't hurt you ...